My shopping vice is back again, and this week has been Topshop’s 2014 Spring Summer Collection. Now, Topshop can be slightly out of the average student budget however there are some real stand out pieces in this season’s collection which are definitely worth saving for, plus they do offer a 10% student discount!
1) This beautiful metallic sunflower skort hits trends left, right and centre. The ‘Skort’ has been floating around the high street for the past 6 months but this piece is the best I have seen yet. Grab a gorgeous black cami and tuck it in for a smart occasion or if you’re feeling daring, a loose boxy crop top would make this day appropriate. At £42 this isn’t a steal but will guarantee you style this season.
2) Folky, boho prints always rear their vibrant heads at this time of year and Topshop certainly haven’t escaped the trend. The variety of colour in this piece sets it off from some of its counterparts and this boxy, crop top shape is universally flattering. This would be worn best with some high waisted mom jeans for the ulta vintage edge. At £35, this is bound to last you the season.
3) Slip on’s are being created by designers and the high street and is this season’s key footwear trend. The layering of the texture with the colour is edgy, but will add a sophisticated edge to a plain jeans and tee kind of day. The print is very subtle and these are by far my favourite pair of slip ons I have seen this season, and at £20 a bit of a bargain too!
4) Plain pieces with a quirky detail are becoming increasingly popular, and this plain jersey dress with the drop waist detail is certainly part of that trend. Last season Topshop invented the ultimate jersey dress, and by adding this season’s spin on it, they have recreated a highly wanted piece. This drop waist style is available in a variety of pastel colours and is only £20!
5) This 60’s Shift dress style is a classic cut. In white and lace, one couldn’t look more demure. Samantha Faeirs from TOWIE was seen in an item very similar this week! From the classic British garden party, to weddings etc this dress will meet every occasion this SS14. At £55 it is verging on the pricier side however, quality is guaranteed from Topshop, so definitely worth the money.
6) Although this maybe doesn’t correlate with this season’s most popular trends, this jacket is unique, quirky and easy to style. For the office or a formal occasion, this piece will finish off an outfit. Over a simple dress, or as part of a two piece, the scalloped edging with ensure femininity and style. This will set you back £70 but this piece will remain classic all year round
Which is your favourite piece?